Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Oh, Just to Relax..........

Well, it all started about a week ago when I went to a skin care party hosted by one of dear friends, Sunny. We talked about the benefits of good skin care and pampering, you know, things girls should do. We pampered our faces and hands and left feeling all fragrant and girly. This caused me to ponder other good ways to relax and I started thinking.....maybe a bubble bath would do. Well fast forward a couple days to a Monday-an absolutely crazy Monday at work. I came home, achy and tired and decided, I don't have the time for a soaking bath, but I'll do a hot shower and go to bed. That night, I slept better than I had slept in several weeks, so I told my husband, I'm going to use that new*** bathtub tomorrow night and take a bubble bath and I'll bet that will help me sleep great, too. (Three asides here: ***the new bathtub was put in only 2 years ago when we had to completely remodel our master bath because of a leak in the shower; I am usually in too big of a hurry to take a bath, so I do showers; I've not been sleeping as well because I am thankfully pregnant). So quick recap, the brand new tub had been installed for 2 years, and I had never taken the opportunity to do a nice relaxing bubble bath. (This is important, it affects the relaxation factor a little later.)
So I gathered up all my bubble bath, essential oils, bath crystals, etc., stuff that I had been accumlating for a while, that I really just hadn't taken the time to use because I am usually a shower person. I started the water, got my extra towels , figured out a way to get down in this deep tub without falling and breaking myself and just got in. It was lovely. I could stretch all the way out and I was feeling so proud of myself. Then, I thought to myself, I'll turn on the jets and have real bubbles, that will make my back feel better and my legs feel better..... I pushed the button and nothing happened. I asked my husband to see if everything was plugged in and he checked it out, flipped switches that we had no idea what they were attached to, and to no avail, the jets just wouldn't come on. Oh well, I would not have my relaxation spoiled, I just thought we'd work on that another day, so I stretched back out and relaxed. I tried to slow my mind down, not think about work and other stresses and think happy thoughts. About 30 min later I was beginning to get chilled, so I thought I would just let some cold water out and run some new hot water in. I was enjoying this too much to get out this early! I ran some hot in, swirled it around and stretched back out. Then Lance comes upstairs to see how I'm enjoying my bath. I tell him its wonderful and he says, "Not trying to rush you or anything, but don't let the water go through the drain again because there is water pouring downstairs through the ceiling into the study. "(He said this very calmly-no stress in his voice-you would have to know my wonderful husband.) I, on the other hand, completely lost all the benefits of my recently aquired relaxed state and said "WHAT??!!??" To which he calmly replied, "Oh sweetie, don't worry about it, keep relaxing and enjoy your bath, just don't let the water out of the drain."
Well, as you might imagine, if you know me, I couldn't just stay in the tub when water was pouring through the ceiling below me! My first thought was, "What if I fall through the ceiling into the study?!" So I got out of the tub (which took skill, it is a deep jacuzzi-type tub, surrounded by tile, with a couple of steps). I went downstairs to see that water was bubbled up under the paint in the celing and dripping rather quickly into a garbage can and onto the couch. While I was stressing about it, Lance was reminding me that things could be much worse and that we had other bathtubs for me to relax in, so just don't worry, we'll get it fixed. He assured me that the people who put it in and did all the work would fix it.
I, on the other hand, was imagining this upcoming conversation with my interior decorator. "Hi, remember me? I know it has been two years since you remodeled our bathroom and completely redid everything, but I just used my jacuzzi tub for the first time last night and water poured through the ceiling, can you fix it?" Ugh! This is what I get for trying to relax!
I'll try to post pictures of the upcoming fix. As best as I can tell, they will have to tear out part of the ceiling in the study, and probably take the tub out including all the nice tile work. Lance thinks they may be able to go in from the ceiling in the study and find the leak and not take the tub out, who knows. I'll post pics of the befores and afters when I get some pictures taken.
It really could be worse, though......

3 comments:

  1. I think it is a curse of a woman to never get to FULLY relax! Hope the damage isn't as bad as you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I got behind on reading your blog but finally caught up today! I'm so glad you were giving yourself permission to relax! You should be pampered- you work hard! I hope some relaxation and fun has come to you while Lance is on spring break and I hope your tub get fixed soon! Much love, Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!! I came across your blog on Misty's. It's Mari, we've seen you a couple of times for Aliza! This story had me rolling in laughter, you are just as cute on your blog as you are the few times I've talked with you! I thought at first you were going to say that when you first turned on the jets all the bubbles rose to the top. That happened to me once after putting bubble bath in, truning the jets on in a whirlpool cause all the bubble action to RISE WAY up over the sides!! Remember this when you DO get all this straightened out! I also didn't realize you were pregnant, CONGRATULATIONS!!

    ReplyDelete